Waste selection platform
The waste selection platform is in Castenedolo (BS).
The waste arriving at the platform comes essentially from the municipalities in the province of Brescia, in which some of the companies from the A2A group operate, as well as private users that produce special waste essentially in the same area.
The platform is authorised to take up to 60 thousand tons per year of special waste and an additional quantity of up to 40 thousand tones per year of paper and cardboard waste.
There are essentially two types of recovery activities and waste disposal activities currently carried out at the platform:
- manual selection and compacting of paper/cardboard and plastic coming from differentiated collection or otherwise selected at their source;
- selection/manual ground sorting of recoverable parts of cumbersome waste or general mixed special waste, whether with or without volume reduction (compacting or shredding);
- manual or conveyor belt section (selection cabins) with screening or recoverable parts of general mixed special waste, whether with or without compacting;
- volume reduction (compacting-shredding) of single-material waste or mixed waste for recovery or disposal;
- working discarded tyres;
- shredding wooden waste;
- simple transfer of cumbersome waste, general mixed special waste or other harmless special waste flows
- storage (preliminary deposit, stockpiling) to support management of working activities or simple transfer of waste.