Consistent with the strategic plan and with the international targets in the fight against climate change, the Group began to invest in renewable sources in 2017 through the deployment of innovative experiments and seizing market opportunities with targeted acquisitions. A2A Rinnovabili, a Group company that controls all the companies that hold photovoltaic plants acquired on the secondary market, acquired two additional plant portfolios in 2018 (IMPAX and Talesun) for a total of 59 MW, reaching an overall installed capacity of 94W and estimated annual production of around 65 GWh.
Ground-based plants account for 63% of the assets, the remaining 37% are plants installed on the roofs of industrial clients. During 2018, a partnership was launched with the Talesun Group, among the leading global operators in the solar field, which gave rise to a special purpose vehicle company called “758AM Srl”, for the development of new greenfield solar plants. In addition, A2A Rinnovabili was awarded the tender for the construction of a 10.5 MW photovoltaic plant on the sheds of the Rho Fiera exhibition to supply the utilities below.
Other plants, for an overall power of around 0.15 MWp, have been installed on corporate buildings with various uses, for example, the company nursery in Brescia, some offices in Brescia and Bergamo and the Casa dell’Energia e dell’Ambiente, the headquarters of the Fondazione AEM and a teaching centre.