Current legislation in force regarding the processing1 of personal data as defined in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, as well as the free movement of such data (General Regulations on Data Protection, hereinafter referred to as “EU Privacy Regulations”) includes provisions to ensure that the processing of personal complies with rights and fundamental freedoms of natural persons, with particular regard to the right to the protection of personal data.
Purpose of processing
In fulfilment of the obligations provided for by the legislation in force, we hereby inform you that the Data Controller (hereinafter also referred to as the “Controller), performs the processing of your personal data for the purpose of controlling access to the premises of the companies of A2A Group. This processing serves, in particular, to verify the identity of persons accessing corporate areas and to have immediate information on who is on company premises daily, including for reasons of safety. We also wish to inform you that, for reasons of safety and protection of company assets, a video surveillance system with closed-circuit television cameras is in operation on company premises. The images taken are processed by authorized personnel only.
Processing methods and data retention period
Processing will be performed with or without the aid of electronic tools, according to the principles of fairness, lawfulness and transparency, in order to protect at all times the confidentiality and rights of the person concerned in compliance with the provisions of the legislation in force.
Your data will be retained, in accordance with the regulations in force, for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is processed.
Nature of the provision and possible consequences of refusal
All the data collected within the scope of this processing is used for the declared purposes and for the fulfilment of legal requirements, including those on personal safety. The provision of the personal data required is optional, but the refusal to provide such data precludes access to the premises of the companies of A2A Group, given the urgent need to identify anyone who enters company areas.
Persons authorised to process personal data - Disclosure and dissemination of data
The personal data and images collected are processed by authorized personnel who need to have knowledge of such data in order to perform their duties and by external parties who may act as joint controllers or data processors, as required.
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties who are responsible for the execution of related activities that are instrumental to this processing, to national authorities, public administrations, other companies of the A2A Group and third parties, in fulfilment of legal obligations.
Your data will not be disseminated.
Data Controller and Processor and Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is A2A S.p.A., with registered office in Via Lamarmora 230 - Brescia. The role of Data Processor has be assigned to certain companies that provide the Controller with specific processing services or perform activities related to, instrumental to or in support of the activities performed by the service provider. Any queries may be sent in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights of the interested party
According to the EU Privacy Regulations, you have the right to obtain from the Data Controller:
- confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data (right of access).
- rectification of inaccurate personal data, or to have incomplete personal data completed (right of rectification).
- the cancellation of personal data, where one of the grounds provided for by Regulations applies (right of cancellation).
- the restriction of processing where one of the grounds provided for by the Regulations applies (right of restriction).
- to receive your personal data, which you provided to the Controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit it to another data controller (right to portability).
You also have the right to obtain all the information relating to the possible transfer of data to countries outside the EU.
To exercise these rights, you can send an email to email@example.com or written communication to the Controller.
Without prejudice to any other administrative appeal or judicial review, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority if you believe that the processing of your data violates the EU Privacy Regulations.
1) Processing: any operation or set of operations, performed with or without the use of automated processes and applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as the collection, recording, organization, structuring, retention, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, comparison or interconnection, limitation, deletion or destruction.